My next learning path .
as you all know, i retook my o level english and math
papers last year. again, i failed my math. i got design courses
and early childhood plus higher nitec. my elr2b2 was 21 points.
yeah, that bad. i soo hate maths !
but still even if i pass my math my COP will be too high for
tourism courses. Im interested in nothing else except these;
Customer relationship and service management, hospitality
and tourism or travel and tourism management. The best part
is, i am not eligible for ALL of them. They need math. =(
i browsed websites and newspapers for private schools which
offers tourism diploma. It was hard. I have to call atleast more
than 5 schools if their diploma is recognised. In the end, 2 choices
left. Boston Business School and Tourism Institute management
Of Singapore [TMIS]. After much consideration, I decided to
register myself into TMIS. The main tourism school in spore
partners with Singapore Airline, NATAS, IATA and more.
Called the school and guess what? Their entry requirements is
5 GCE O Level passes with english and math. I was like WTH!
No different with the poly requirements. But since i got some
working experiences with Singapore Airport Terminal Services,
they decided to consider me IF only I pass their entry exam.
I went to WDA last 2 days and took the exams. Its the government
MOE computer based exam. I was tested on maths, english, and
listening. It took about 2 1/2 hours. Shockingly I just passed math
(alhamdulilah) and passed the rest. And taadaaa ! I was accepted.
So yeap, i will be schooling at the Tourism Institute Management
Of Singapore located in Orchard. taking the IATA Travel and
Tourism diploma, its a 6 months course. another 6 months for the
advanced diploma. total of 1 year. and the fees, don't even ask.

No comments:
Post a Comment